Sunday 22 December 2019

Old Maghariba Guard (Herbie the Love Bug)

This past week I managed to finish the work on my Maghariba Guard model (naming him Herbie the Love Bug). But with the new expansion War in Rohan by GW for the Middle-earth SBG, I just had to get started on an Isengard army that I had planed for some years now.

Maghariba Guard
Pict 784: Maghariba Guard
Maghariba Guard
Pict 785: Maghariba Guard

I really love this old model for the Maghariba Guard - the round shapes and the bodyplan of a bug are a unique design. I went for a rather simple paintscheme with my usual colors but with lots of the glowy bits. I'll count it as a finished model even though the base is still missing - the 70mm diameter is a bit unusual and I'll have order one but haven't got around to it.

Uruk-Hai Berserkers (WIP)
Pict 786: Uruk-Hai Berserkers (WIP)

And here's a quick WIP of a start on an Isengard army. As I said in the first paragraph, the new supplement has given me a good excuse to finally go ahead on this army after some time of planing and collecting the models. The Uruk-Hai Berserkers are some iconic models and felt like a good (and easy enough) start to test out how I want to paint them.

2 comments:

  1. Should have painted '53' on the side! Happy xmas Xar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! A merry christmas to you as well!

      That 53 sure would complete the picture wouldn't it? I will think it over and maybe revisit it once I put it on a base.

      Delete