Sunday 15 December 2019

Silverhorn the Unicorn on Displaybase

This week I managed to finish Silverhorn the unicorn on it's display base from last week and started to work on some more Haqqislam miniatures including a few Ragiks as well as the big bug.


Silverhorn, Unicorn
Pict 767: Silverhorn, Unicorn
Silverhorn, Unicorn
Pict 768: Silverhorn, Unicorn
Silverhorn, Unicorn
Pict 769: Silverhorn, Unicorn
Silverhorn, Unicorn
Pict 780: Silverhorn, Unicorn
Silverhorn, Unicorn
Pict 781: Silverhorn, Unicorn
As I said last week, I went back to the shadows especially around the chest and the belly but also where the head meets the neck. I also lightened the rocks and treestumps on the base to set them apart from the substrate and the black plinth. But what really gives the miniature it's live is the greenery. The leaves threw a last wrench into my progress since at first they were way to bright. I now toned them way down and am pretty happy with the result!

Avicenna, Hassassins Ragik (WIP)
Pict 782: Avicenna, Hassassins Ragik (WIP)
These Ragiks are the next few miniatures I want to paint for my Haqqislam. The hacker option seems really great since it is able to achive a majority of the classified objectives that are quite important in the current mission we play in our league. Avicenna might not get played much but I wanted to add a new mercenary as well.

Maghariba Guard (WIP)
Pict 783: Maghariba Guard (WIP)
 And here is my start on the one TAG Haqqislam has available to them, the Maghariba Guard. It's the old model that's inspired by the shape of a beetle. The new one is awsome as well and I'm pretty sure I'll get it sometime but I imagine there will always be a place in my heart for this cubby little six-legged mech.

2 comments: