Sunday 29 December 2019

Uruk-Hai Sledgehammer

I got to painting the Uruk-Hai Berserkers this past week and after having finished them I went right ahead with some Feral Uruk-Hais. I then finished Avicenna and the Hassassin Ragiks I had left over from the week prior to last.

Uruk-Hai Sledgehammer
Pict 787: Uruk-Hai Sledgehammer
Uruk-Hai Berserkers
Pict 788: Uruk-Hai Berserkers
Uruk-Hai Berserkers
Pict 789: Uruk-Hai Berserkers

These Berserkers have a really iconic look to them. You instantenously know that they are the ones responsible for blowing up the Deeping Wall of Helm's Deep. And you know that they are going to wreak some havoc with those two-handed swords. I'm not quite sure how this menacing look translates to the battlefield, but I'm keen to try! The models painted up rather quickly since they are not much more than some metals and leathers and quite a bit of skin. I'm really happy how the different symbols of the Hand of Saruman turned out. They add to the repeat poses and make them a bit more unique.

Feral Uruk-Hai
Pict 790: Feral Uruk-Hai
Feral Uruk-Hai
Pict 791: Feral Uruk-Hai

After finishing the Berserkers so quickly I got to work on a batch of Feral Uruk-Hai. They are quite similar to the Berserkers but wield two handweapons instead of one big one. Since they are a creation by GW, they feel somewhat out of place in the Lord of the Rings line with their bolted on armour pieces and their piercings. But incidentally the former design choice foreshadows Bolg's and the Keeper's weird armour.
The Ferals and the Berserkers both have two attacks a piece and should destroy anything once close up and since they are the start and core of my Isengard army, I decided to name it the Uruk-Hai Sledgehammer!

Avicenna, Mercenary Doctor
Pict 792: Avicenna, Mercenary Doctor

As for Infinity the Game, I finished Avicenna the Mercenary Doctor who is playable in several NA2 armies as well as the Hassassin Bahram. But I think she will only see play once I get more Govads for her to join in a linkteam.

Hassassin Ragiks
Pict 793: Hassassin Ragiks
Hassassin Ragiks
Pict 794: Hassassin Ragiks

And here are the four Ragiks I was missing from my collection. They were painted in the usual way and as ever I'm quite happy with the result. They should be pretty much the last few miniatures of 2019 and I'm planing to do a showcase of my army for next week's post to recall what I painted and make plans for the new year!

Uruk-Hai Captain and Lurtz (WIP)
Pict 795: Uruk-Hai Captain and Lurtz (WIP)

Last but not least, here is the last WIP for 2019 - two Uruk-Hai Captains and two versions of Lurtz. The latter really got a nice boost in this last edition and I look forward to using him!

2 comments:

  1. Damn, everyone's been busy in the New Year except me it seems. I really like the white hands. Nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that time at the end of december seems to be a productive period with the real life on hold. I'll have to see how the white hands come out on the armoured Uruks but on these it looks quite good.

      Delete