Sunday 15 November 2020

Middle-earth: Shelob and the Betrayer

Only three models finished this time around. Reinforcements for my Mordor army: Shelob and another named, the Betrayer.

Shelob
Pict 950: Shelob
Shelob
Pict 951: Shelob
Shelob
Pict 952: Shelob
Shelob is such a lovely model! She looks great rearing up and ready to strike. When I painted the underbelly I pretty much went over everything I had done the last time I showed her as a WIP, but I'm pretty happy with the blend from black over grey to Rakarth Flesh. For the markings on the abdomen I decided to try stipping. The red dots may be to big to count as such but I'm very happy with the grey highlights and transition to the underbelly.
The Betrayer
Pict 953: The Betrayer
The Betrayer
Pict 954: The Betrayer
And here is another Ringwratih; he's named The Betrayer by GW and fits with the look of the Haradrim. I decided, however, to paint him in line with the other Nazgûl and keep to black robes and simple steel armour. I really like the horse mid stride and with the flowing saddle cloth.
Valten, Chosen of Sigmar (WIP)
Pict 955: Valten, Chosen of Sigmar (WIP)
I also started to paint a one-off figure: Valten, Chosen of Sigmar, who is clearly Warhammer's He-Man! I question his choice to stand on a beastman's head like this. I'd probably trip on the horn with the next step...

2 comments:

  1. Oh I like Shelob! Very creepy. Really good transition on the underside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! She's a mean beast - can't wait to get to play her.

      Delete