Sunday 13 December 2020

Valten, Chosen of Sigmar

I spent these past two week finishing the highlights on Valten, the Chosen of Sigmar. Other than that I also converted some metal Warg riders for my Mordor army and built a few other models.

Valten, Chosen of Sigmar
Pict 961: Valten, Chosen of Sigmar
Valten, Chosen of Sigmar
Pict 962: Valten, Chosen of Sigmar
As I said in my last post, Valten clearly is the He-Man of the Warhammer World, screaming "I have the power" and letting Sigmar's might flow through him. I really enjoyed painting him - he has a great balance of flatter areas and mor detailed ones. The Beastman on the base doesn't really make that much sense, being cut in half right through the torso and the smith's apron is seemingly not fastened in the back...

Warg Rider (Conversion)
Pict 963: Warg Rider (Conversion)
Warg Rider (Conversion)
Pict 964: Warg Rider (Conversion)
Warg Rider (Conversion)
Pict 965: Warg Rider (Conversion)
And here are my metal Warg riders - the three on the right are unaltered and the three others are converted. I hacked them up not only to get more poses out of them, it also is not that sensible to have so many of them armed with bows. Cutting of these arms and quivers was a bit cumbersome but I like how they came out. So much that I considered getting more of them, but for now I was able to resist.

2 comments:

  1. He definitely looks inspired by He-Man. Great paint job, lovely skin tones!

    ReplyDelete