Sunday 29 May 2022

Old fool! This is my hour. Do you not know Death when you see it?

Once again only three completed miniatures with the Witch-king and his second in command, Khamûl the Easterling. I also built a few more Heresy-era Space Marines; I really should get to painting them, shouldn't I?

Pict 1184: This is my hour!
Pict 1185: The Witch-king of Angmar
Pict 1186: The Witch-king of Angmar

First up is this Witch-king of Angmar. I really like this model that echoes the moment in the book, I used for the title – the Witch-king rinding into Minas Tirith through the broken gates. He's going to be a great leader for my Mordor army.

Pict 1187: Khamûl the Easterling
Pict 1188: Khamûl the Easterling

The other Nagûl I painted while at it is Khamûl the Easterling. Very fitting with the Defence of the North supplement finally released, even if I don't plan on painting any other Easterlings. I'm really happy with the way the highlights on the cloak came out, I managed to put in a bit of tattered texture.
For now, Khamûl will also be part of my Mordor army. To complete my collection of the named Ringwraiths, I'm now only missing two more: the Tainted and the Undying.

Pict 1189: Reaver Attack Squad (WIP)

Lastly, here is another Horus Heresy kitbash that I made in preparation for the new edition: a Luna Wolves Reaver Attack Squad with attached Apothecary. The latter is pretty much stock but with an added jump pack while the Reavers themselves are made from several different kits. The starting point was an Sons of Horus upgrade set. With some MK IV Marines, Sanguinary Guard jump packs and a few more bits and bobs, I'm pretty happy with the way they came out!

The plan is to go for a late stage of the Luna Wolves, about the time of the Ullanor Crusade, maybe a bit earlier. Certainly the Legion at it's prime, with the Cthonian gang culture limited to only a few squads. And pretty much only the Reavers and the Justaerin will be allowed to use the Eye of Horus. We'll see how that shakes out.

4 comments:

  1. I only just looked at your Howling Griffons and you're already doing something different! Luna Wolves are the coolest legion imho. Also, how many versions of the Lord of the Nazgul are there out there?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worries, those Howling Griffons are not forgotten! I just recently put a bit more weathering on the bright bits.
      Those first few books of the Heresy series really make a good case for the Luna Wolves!
      The Witch-king is one of those characters that got a load of sculpts! I think I have 6? Really should get yo that one on Fell Beast...

      Delete
  2. The Nazgul are looking good. Any painted figures is a win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, anytime the ratio of painted to unpainted goes down is a good time!

      Delete