Sunday 1 May 2022

Painting Dwarves for a Tournament

These past two weeks saw not to much progress, but I managed to finish the first two Erebor dwarf warriors to fit into an army concept for a tournament that I played yesterday.

Pict 1177: Azanulbizar Tournament Army

For this tournamet, I wanted to go with an Azanulbizar theme - partly to spur myself on and paint some Erebor warriors, partly so I could use Thrór as my army's leader and thus free up Dáin to go on a rampage unpunished.

Pict 1178: Erebor Dwarf Warriors (Banner Conversion)

I bought these Erebor dwarves used and one of them was missing his axe – a great opportunity to give him a banner made from plastic card. While I added strips to give the banner some structure, there was still plenty of space for a freehand of the ornament that holds the Arkenstone in Thrór's throne. I'm quite happy with the way it turned out, even if it could be a little bigger to fill up the space some more.

Pict 1179: Erebor Dwarf Warriors (WIP)

I really enjoyed the colourscheme and went along with the next ten dwarves. They are, once again alomst all basecoated and ready to be washed. I really have to do a few week where all I do is highlight miniatures. At this stage, there are quite a few of them now!

7 comments:

  1. Those Erebor Dwarfs look beautiful together! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They were not that strong in the game, but I they look great as a group.

      Delete
    2. Well, I always preferred the painting side of the hobby. If the minis look cool, I'm gonna paint them, no matter how they perform in the game. :)

      Delete
  2. They look so cool! Erebor Dwarves look great in large numbers. I love the different beard colours, you don't see that very often when people are painting Warhammer Fantasy/AoS orks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I like to mix it up a bit so that the dwarves look uniform but still distinct.

      Delete
    2. Dwarves! Not orks :-) I must be tired.

      Delete
    3. Hihi! I didn't even notice!

      Delete