Sunday 23 April 2023

Finishing the Garden of Morr

These past few weeks I focused on terrain and managed to finish my Garden of Morr, getting ahead with another of my New Year's resolutios. Quite pleased with this success, I got myself a Charnel Throne and started painting it right away alongside some smaller pieces of scatter terrain.

Garden of Morr Gate
Pict 1298: Garden of Morr Gate
Garden of Morr Gate
Pict 1298: Garden of Morr Gate
Garden of Morr Walls and Fence
Pict 1299: Garden of Morr Walls and Fence
Garden of Morr Walls and Fence
Pict 1300: Garden of Morr Walls and Fence
Garden of Morr Fences
Pict 1301: Garden of Morr Fences
Garden of Morr Fences
Pict 1302: Garden of Morr Fences

I'm really happy to have finished these last missing pieces of my Garden of Morr. Matching the paintjob from almost two years ago was not to hard (thanks to having noted down my recipe) and I very much enjoyed rusting up the iron fences. The first few colours are a bit stark, but the final layer really ties it together. The assorted greenery then gives it a bit more contrast and ties the terrain into the gaming table.

Charnel Throne, Osgiliath Statues and Tabletop World Wells (WIP)
Pict 1303: Charnel Throne, Osgiliath Statues and Tabletop World Wells (WIP)
Finishing something often has an inspiring effect on me and I stared with a few more pieces of scatter terrain and a new Charnel Throne using the same colours. The pices are a tad eclectic – the statues come from the old Osgiliath ruins set and feel very different to the Age of Sigmar era Charnel Throne while the two wells by Tabletop World are in an other league entirely. Nevertheless, I hope to tie them all thogether, even if I don't see me using them all right next to each other for now. There's not that much left to do on them. Only a few more highlights and of course the greenery.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice! It`s good to see a different colour scheme than the always-present grey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really want to finish some more Realm of Battle tiles and some trees and then put it all together.

      Delete
  2. I echo the comment above, it's nice to see the kit in a different colour scheme.
    I must admit that the rust you have achieved there is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! I love rusting the metals on my Undead and adjacent miniatures.

      Delete
  3. Great work! I share the thoughts of the guy above, I love the color palette you've used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I want them to all come together to form a cohesive world!

      Delete