Sunday 20 October 2024

DreadTober Week Three: Armand Titus, Howling Griffons Chaplain Dreadnough

This week, I managed to finish the first DreadTober miniature: Armand Titus, the Howling Griffon Champlain Dreadnought, that will lead my small contingent of the chapter set during the Badab War. I also made some more headway on the Dreadnoughts for my Blood Angels.

Armand Titus leading a squad of Howling Griffons
Pict 1486: Armand Titus leading a squad of Howling Griffons
Armand Titus, Howling Griffons Chaplain Dreadnought
Pict 1487: Armand Titus, Howling Griffons Chaplain Dreadnought
Armand Titus, Howling Griffons Chaplain Dreadnought
Pict 1488: Armand Titus, Howling Griffons Chaplain Dreadnought
Armand Titus, Howling Griffons Chaplain Dreadnought
Pict 1489: Armand Titus, Howling Griffons Chaplain Dreadnought

Putting the finishing touches on Titus really only took one evening – completing my (initial) DreadTober pledge and readying him up to lead my growing Howling Griffons collection! After highlighting the important details I also put on some free-hand writing: the nubers on the skulls and most importantly his name on the left shoulder pad to mirror the one artwork he appears in. His right shoulder only has a decal of the number four since he is part of the chapter's fourth company. I also could not help myself and dated him on the exhaust to remind myself that he is this year's DreadTober miniature. I'm really quite pleased with the miniature – reviving my Chaplain Dreadnought of yore after quite some time collecting the correct OOP ForgeWorld pieces.

DreadTober Blood Angels Dreadnoughts (WIP)
Pict 1490: DreadTober Blood Angels Dreadnoughts (WIP)

The two Blood Angels Dreadnoughts had the last remaining base colours done – especially cleaning up the red armour around the gold trim took some time. The decals as well as the oilwash are on them now and I can see myself finish at least the Boxnought until the end of the month. But I also recently saw a great Conversion of a 30k Castraferrum that sported the Havoc launcher from the vehicle sprue, so I might just go ahead and add that on this one as well...

The Dreadnought Drop Pod might have to be sidelined for now. Even so, I'm glad to have started painting it. If I can muster the motivation, I'd like to paint the thing next month alongside my Kharybids... We'll see how it goes!

3 comments:

  1. He looks awesome and the two incoming Blood Angel Dreadnoughts are pretty impressive too. Keep painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Will do - there's still quite a bit more in my ToPaint pile!

      Delete
  2. Armand Titus looks awesome, I really like the subtle chipping effects you've done on the panels.

    ReplyDelete