Sunday 13 October 2024

DreadTober Week Two: Blood Angels Flyers and a whole host of Dreadnoughts

This week was quite effective: I finally finished some Aeronautica / Legions Imperialis flyers for my small scale Blood Angels and got some good work done on the next few dreadnoughts (big and small)!

Legions Imperialis Blood Angels Air Support
Pict 1477: Legions Imperialis Blood Angels Air Support
Legions Imperialis Blood Angels Thunderhawk
Pict 1478: Legions Imperialis Blood Angels Thunderhawk
Legions Imperialis Blood Angels Thunderhawk
Pict 1479: Legions Imperialis Blood Angels Thunderhawk
Legions Imperialis Blood Angels Fire Raptors
Pict 1480: Legions Imperialis Blood Angels Fire Raptors
Legions Imperialis Blood Angels Storm Eagles
Pict 1481: Legions Imperialis Blood Angels Storm Eagles

First up: I managed to finish this collection of Aeronautica planes that form the backbone of my aerial assault formation in Legions Imperialis. They were half painted on my desk for quite a while (I last showed them in June but I started painting them last December...) and I'm really happy now that they are done. I'm really looking forward to using them in the next game and then painting the last three Xiphons that are still missing to complete my flyers.

DreadTober Blood Angels Dreadnoughts (WIP)
Pict 1482: DreadTober Blood Angels Dreadnoughts (WIP)

As promised in last week's post, I got to work on the Blood Angel Dreadnought. Whilst working on the Castra Ferrum's basecolours, I also did the same colours on one more Contemptor and the Dreadnought Drop Pod I had wanted to paint as a strech goal last year. It would be great to get them done during October as well, but I'm not holding my breath. As long as I can get some progress on them, I'm happy!

Howling Griffons Chaplain Dreadnought (WIP)
Pict 1483: Howling Griffons Chaplain Dreadnought (WIP)

The Howling Griffons Chaplain Dreadnought meanwhile has been oiled up and is already looking quite goot. I'm confident this one will be done quite fast!

Rados Cults Scourgers (WIP)
Pict 1484: Rados Cults Scourgers (WIP)

I also got a first wave of additional miniatures for my Rados Cults. These three Scourgers are pretty basic troops and now have the first few colours on them. Since I plan to play a lot more Alkemy, I'm sure they will get done sooner rather than later. As long as I don't get to distracted...

Legions Imperialis Leviathan and Deredeo Dreadnoughts (WIP)
Pict 1485: Legions Imperialis Leviathan and Deredeo Dreadnoughts (WIP)

Lastly I also started on some small scale Dreadnoughts to keep in the spirit of DreadTober whilst still cashing in on the motivation from finishing the Aeronautica/Imperialis flyers.

2 comments:

  1. Great work.
    I'm loving the difference in bling between the two Chaplain Dreadnaughts, mind you, I really like the Howling Griffons night world scheme you chose in general.
    And the Thunder hawk with marines on the ramp *chefs kiss*.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! I'm quite happy with the conversion - not that difficult to do as well. And a good way to remember which Thunderhawk transports the Assault Marines and which has the Dreadnoughts.

      Delete