It has been some time since my last post and this time around, I did not manage to do much hobby in the interim. I did, however, start to collect, build and even prime a new project that will probably accompany me through the second half of the year. Following on from the Aeronatica miniatures, it will be a nice little army of Iyanden Eldar for the second edition of 40k.
| Pict 1736: 2nd Edition Eldar (WIP) |
So, here is the collection of old lead and some plastic so far. While the mono pose Guardians are not the most exciting, they should look good as a group. I'm still keeping a look out for some of those metal guardians as well. Still, most of these early Jes Goodwin Eldar hold up perfectly well. Jes really had the aesthetic down from the beginning. I was especially suprised with the Eldar Dreadnought (Wraith Lord). I was a bit conservative when building this one, but I could see some nice possibilities for poses. The next one will be converted!
That is already a lot of looking forward to expanding the collection. Of course, to be a true Craftworld Iyanden army, there will have to be at least a unit of Wraithguard. And with Baharroth already in the collection, why not go for that teen age dream of a full collection of Phoenix Lords? And once I have those, why not also get a small squad of each of the aspect warriors?
| Pict 1737: Infinity's Lament (WIP) |
I also managed to get my hands on one of the newest Eldar miniatures: The WH+ exclusive Inifinity's Lament. I might try and paint it up to test out my scheme in the bigger scale. I will have to find solutions for some details the planes are lacking such as the cloth of the cloak. I'm also not quite decided on the bases. But they will probably not be goblin green (I know - Heresy!).
Some classic models to build your force from.
ReplyDeleteFor now, I'm trying to keep the force mostly true to the release of the Codex in 94.
Delete