Sunday 9 September 2018

A new big project: Building Osgiliath

This week I used my hobbytime by starting on the terrain for a new gaming board.

Ruins of Osgiliath (WIP)
Pict 494: Ruins of Osgiliath (WIP)

I bought one of the Ruins of Osgiliath multipack with my set of the new rules. I had my eye on these ruins for some time and with the new edition, I felt like I had a good excuse to pull the trigger. The kit is really nice, but it really takes a long time to scrape all those moldlines... After building one of the sets as suggested, I looked for ways to customise the remaining pieces.

Ruins of Osgiliath (WIP)
Pict 495: Ruins of Osgiliath (WIP)
Ruins of Osgiliath (WIP)
Pict 496: Ruins of Osgiliath (WIP)

As I tried out some combinations, I rembered my second Witchfate Tor that's laying about in pieces.
I knew that I wanted to incorporate parts to get some circular pieces. The biggest problem here are the unnumbered skulls littering the place. But I'll see what I can do. For now the next step is to put the rest of the ruins together and fill all the gaps with putty.

Ruins of Osgiliath (very WIP)
Pict 497: Ruins of Osgiliath (very WIP)

2 comments:

  1. Thats a pretty cool kit and very reasonably priced. Looking forward to seeing the end result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree, that the price is great, but you really see the improvement in the moldlines with the newer kits!

      Delete