Sunday 16 September 2018

Building Osgiliath: More Ruins Built

Continuing with last week's big project, I built the rest of the Osgiliath ruins and some Goblintown bits since I was already doing scenery.

Ruins of Osgiliath (WIP)
Pict 498: Ruins of Osgiliath (WIP)
Ruins of Osgiliath (WIP)
Pict 499: Ruins of Osgiliath (WIP)
 As you can see, I got to some more construction work. The next step will be to fill in all the gaps with putty. I started the process after taking these pictures, but it'll take some more time - especially with the Warhammer scenery.


Ruins of Osgiliath, former Witchfate Tor (WIP)
Pict 500: Ruins of Osgiliath, former Witchfate Tor (WIP)
Ruins of Osgiliath, former Witchfate Tor (WIP)
Pict 501: Ruins of Osgiliath, former Witchfate Tor (WIP)
Ruins of Osgiliath, former Witchfate Tor (before/after)
Pict 502: Ruins of Osgiliath, former Witchfate Tor (before/after)

And here is what I was able to do with the top layer of the Witchfate Tor. I like the arches, as they are an element prevalant with Númenorean architecture. First I removed spikes and pinnacles of the top. I then broke through the wall where I wanted the gateways to be. For two of the four wall sections, I only took out the middle wall. The two others will lose all of their walls so that only the arcades will remain - right now they are still good to illustrate the state before my saw got to them. Lastly there were still a whole bunch of skulls and shields that I didn't want want on my Osgiliath ruins. Some of them I could just scrape of, but the others' remains will have to be puttied over.

Goblintown Walkways (WIP)
Pict 503: Goblintown Walkways (WIP)

I also built the last remaining Goblintown walkways I had laying about. I still have more of the posts, so maybe I'll cobble together even more, once I get the board out. They should be a rather fast paintjob with lots of drybrushing after the black basecoat.

2 comments:

  1. Thats great work and might give you all sorts of gaming ideas too. I'm sci-fi biased so thinking Zone Mortalis, Necromunda or Killteam but there's no reason you can't do those in a fantasy setting. Of course, you could just play Middle Earth strategy battle on it! Is the Witchfate Tor still available? Can't see it on GW home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really looking forward to playing with these ruins. They are primarily for the ME SBG, but I'm sure they'll be used for KillTeam as well.
      The Witchfate Tor is out of print right now - maybe they'll release it again like they did with Skullvane Manse?

      Delete