Sunday 26 May 2019

He's Captain Haqqislam!

Since I'm playing the next Infinity league day today, I painted up a few more miniatures for my Haqqislam, among them Tarik Mansuri, Khawariij Amir, Captain Haqqislam.

Tarik Mansuri, Khawarij Amir, Captain Haqqislam
Pict 672: Tarik Mansuri, Khawarij Amir, Captain Haqqislam
Tarik Mansuri, Khawarij Amir, Captain Haqqislam
Pict 673: Tarik Mansuri, Khawarij Amir, Captain Haqqislam

"We can rebuild him, we have the technology!" Surely that's what the Akhbar Doctors said when they started working on Tarik. This miniature has a cool pose and I'm looking forward to using him in my games today. Just looking at the stats and reading a bit online, he seem so be a hard hitter but maybe also a bit fragile. I went for a brighter red on the turban to make him stand out a bit more and I think that will be the way I go about when painting Khawarijs in the future. The face again was a joy to paint - Corvus Belli relly knows their business (also, I think he looks somewhat like Joe Manganiello - might be a good casting?).

Hassassin Muyib (HRL), Hazmat HVT, Al Hawwa' (AHD)
Pict 674: Hassassin Muyib (HRL), Hazmat HVT, Al Hawwa' (AHD)
Hassassin Muyib (HRL), Hazmat HVT, Al Hawwa' (AHD)
Pict 675: Hassassin Muyib (HRL), Hazmat HVT, Al Hawwa' (AHD)

I also wanted to play with some different assets like the Muyib with heavy rocket launcher and the Al Hawwa with assault hacking device. They painted up quick enough - I really have the recipe down now and can go through the stages rather quick. The problem then becomes that the process is rather monotone and I quickly want to paint other colors.
I also painted up the Hazmat HVT from the fith Dire Foes box. For now she's going to be used in the intended way. But if I ever get myself (or when?) a Maghariba Guard, the miniature may see use as the pilot. And as with Tarik, I really love the face!

Vanessa Cyndrial
Pict 676: Vanessa Cyndrial
Vanessa Cyndrial
Pict 677: Vanessa Cyndrial


And here is a bit of a respite from all that time in the desert of Bourak: With Vanessa Cyndrial, I complete the third miniature from CR. I still the others that were released in resin and I hope to finish them up before the Kickstarter arrives (hopefully) next month. And to get even closer to that goal, I put the base colours on the half-elf / half-dragon Calianna.

Calianna (WIP)
Pict 678: Calianna (WIP)

2 comments:

  1. Nice! So is this the Infinity version of Slamguinius?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much! In one of my games he easily took down the heaviest tank in the game (before getting himself killed...).

      Delete