Sunday 5 May 2019

RPG Miniatures and a few Rohan additions

This week I have to show some more models that I painted for the Middle-earth tournament. Since they were painted after I wrote last weeks post but before the weekend, I had some more time this week to get to some RPG miniatures.

The Necromancer and Twilight Ringwraiths in the Mists
Pict 653: The Necromancer and Twilight Ringwraiths in the Mists

But first, I also had the chance to play with some dry ice and take nice pictures of my miniatures in order to make a new header for this very blog. I pretty happy with the mood they evoke and you can see the result above.

Rath Modar
Pict 654: Rath Modar
Rath Modar
Pict 655: Rath Modar

On wednesday I got the chance to play in a Westmarches campaign unsing the Pathfinder rules with cap at sixth level. I really love the miniature and thus couldn't bring myself to try and do some OSL. I think it wouldn't really work anyways because the robes are mostly red themselves. I experimented with the shadows however and didn't use to many washes but mixed in some green in with the orange to enhance the orange with the complementary colour.

Rohan Royal Guard
Pict 656: Rohan Royal Guard
Rohan Royal Guard
Pict 657: Rohan Royal Guard
Riders of Rohan Dismounts
Pict 658: Riders of Rohan Dismounts
Riders of Rohan Dismounts
Pict 659: Riders of Rohan Dismounts
These here are the last few additions I wanted to get to for my Rohan army. They consist of the Royal Guard on foot I used for Déorwine on foot, five more dismounts for my Riders of Rohan. They were done quite fast and I think I could do better, but they will do.

Meriadoc Brandybock, Knight of the Mark (Death of the Witchking)
Pict 660: Meriadoc Brandybock, Knight of the Mark (Death of the Witchking)
Meriadoc Brandybock, Knight of the Mark (Death of the Witchking)
661: Meriadoc Brandybock, Knight of the Mark (Death of the Witchking)
Death of the Witchking
Pict 662: Death of the Witchking
While I had the paints out, I also did Merry from the Fall of the Witchking diorama. He is quite cool, but since Dernhelm carries Merry with Shield as a passenger he didn't quite fit and I used an older model. I also took a photo of the diorama put together to show how they look right now - I might have to build a base for the three of them to really make it come together.

Naergoth Bladelord and Kiri (WIP)
Pict 663: Naergoth Bladelord and Kiri (WIP)
Lastly here are two more works in progress that I want to use with RPGs. The one on the left is Naergoth Bladelord, coming from the same boxset as Rath Modar and himself a cultists of Tiamat. The one on the right is the sweet little Tengu-child Kiri from Critical Role made by Steam Forged Games. The skin colour for Naergoth might be a bit odd for now, but I hope it will turn out well with the highlights.

2 comments:

  1. I tried using my nicotine vapouriser to get the same effect with hilarious results (I didn't know dry ice was a thing!). Congrats on the new banner which is brilliant and very atmospheric! (Rohan footsoliders!? mutter.. mutter)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really like the banner too.
      Wholeheartedly agree on the muttering on the footsloggers - they just had their horse shot from under them by evil orc bowmen.

      Delete