Sunday 19 January 2020

A Whole Bunch of Uruk-Hai

I had quite productive weeks since I posted my look back at last year and my resolutions. I focused on getting paint on more Uruk-Hai and played two games with them as well. But I also got to some other odds and ends!

Uruk-Hai Army
Pict 807: Uruk-Hai Army
Uruk Hai Commanders (Lurtz, Captain, Scout Captain)
Pict 808: Uruk Hai Commanders (Lurtz, Captain, Scout Captain)
Uruk Hai Commanders (Lurtz, Captain, Scout Captain)
Pict 809: Uruk Hai Commanders (Lurtz, Captain, Scout Captain)
First up are the Uruk-Hai heroes I had started in the old year and that were quite quick to finish. I'm pretty happy with the faces and how the eyes turned out, especially with the two versions of Lurtz.
Uruk-Hai Siege Troops
Pict 810: Uruk-Hai Siege Troops
Uruk-Hai Siege Troops
Pict 811: Uruk-Hai Siege Troops

The next thing, I started were some Uruk-Hai siege troops. The models aremade from plastic and came out in January of 2003 (!). Painted up like this and in a group, they still look quite good. You do have to guess at some of the details however and while they painted up rather quickly, I'm not looking forward to painting more Uruk-Hai plastics.

Feral Uruk-Hai
Pict 812: Feral Uruk-Hai
Feral Uruk-Hai
Pict 813: Feral Uruk-Hai
Mauhur's Marauders Command
Pict 814: Mauhur's Marauders Command
Mauhur's Marauders Command
Pict 815: Mauhur's Marauders Command

I then started to work on the next six Feral Uruk-Hai as well as a Scout Uruk with Banner and an Uruk Drummer. Once they had the base colours and washed applied I got to play two games with my Isengard army as it stands right now. Of course those games went against Rohan armies styled for Helm's Deep! I found myself slaughtered both times since that Rohan / Lothlorien alliance with lots of throwing spears really dishes out shots that I couldn't respond to. I had fun nonetheless and the games got me pumped to expand my Uruk Collection with some bow-wielding Scouts. And of course I found the time to finish the models since that might have been an issue too – I'm sure I'd have had more luck if all my models were highlighted and based as well!

The Ringbearers (invisible)
Pict 816: The Ringbearers (invisible)
One fun little project I picked up while gaming are these invisible versions of some Ringbearers. The models are event exclusive by ForgeWorld and my opponent picked them up for me at the end of last year. Of course they were finished quite quickly since there is not much to be done exept for the bases, but they look quite nice and I look forward to using them in games when putting on the One Ring with the corresponding models.

Sekban, Naval Group (WIP)
Pict 817: Sekban, Naval Group (WIP)
And since I also want to get ahead with my painting in the Infinity universe, I started to work on the five Sekban. I really like the look of them even if I don't plan on using them in any games soon. Before putting them together, I didn't realise that (excluding the Rocket Launcher) there are only two types of bodies with differing weapons even though I had looked at pictures of them pretty much since I started playing the game!

4 comments:

  1. Damn I wish I painted as fast as you! The invisible ring bearers are a great idea! I assume they are Sam (the best ring bearer imho), Frodo, Bilbo and Smeagol. Who is the tall fella? Isildur?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, those Uruks paint up really fast! The Ringbearers are Young Bilbo (the one from Smaug's base), Isildur, Bilbo (old), Frodo and Smeagol.
      Sadly there is no Sam with Ring profile and thus no model was released... Maybe I could figure out how to do that?

      Delete
    2. That's outrageous! Sam got to sail into the west didn't he? He always gets shafted in the films and games. Its because he's working class isn't it?

      Delete
    3. True! But at least ForgeWorld released a pack with his wife Rosie Cotton and Gaffer Gamgee his father. (As well as some flower pots, since they're a family of farmes you see - It's because they're working class, you're right!)

      Delete