Sunday 3 March 2019

My Haqqislam Army and a few Characters from Middle-earth

These past weeks I finished my Haqqislam Army (fullfilling my first new year's resolution) as well as some more Characters from Middle-earth.

Haqqislam Army
Pict 600: Haqqislam Army

Fist up is a picture of all the models I have for my Haqqislam right now. I only had the three Ghulams finished last week and those three alone didn't seem the warrant a blogpost. Since then I also got around to the Najjarun Engineer with his little Nasmat Remote, a Djanbazan Sniper and a Jannisary and Asawira for some more heavy hitting power.


Ghulam Infantry
Pict 601: Ghulam Infantry
Ghulam Infantry
Pict 602: Ghulam Infantry
Asawira, Jannisary, Najjarun, Nasmat and Djanbazan
Pict 603: Asawira, Jannisary, Najjarun, Nasmat and Djanbazan
Asawira, Jannisary, Najjarun, Nasmat and Djanbazan
Pict 604: Asawira, Jannisary, Najjarun, Nasmat and Djanbazan

With all of those finished, I fullfillied the first of my new year's resolutions - but I'm pretty sure this was only wave one for the Haqqislam since I'm still part of an escalation league and Corvus Belli really produces some amazing miniatures.


Gimli, Legolas, Merry, Pippin, Éowyn
Pict 605: Gimli, Legolas, Merry, Pippin, Éowyn
Gimli, Legolas, Merry, Pippin, Éowyn
Pict 606: Gimli, Legolas, Merry, Pippin, Éowyn

And here are the heroes from Middle-earth. I was inspired to complete the old Three Hunters set with Legolas and Gimli, the both of them mounted on Arod as well as the Merry and Pippin on the run from Grishnak when I read the Two Towers in the past weeks. With my Haqqislam hype I neglected Middle-eath a bit as far as painting goes and I am now onto the Return of the King with my reading. Luckily Éowyn also has some scenes here, so that I had a good reason to paint this version of her (I doubt I'll ever play with this miniature since the armour is pretty much a must).

2 comments:

  1. Shame you wont play her, your Eowyn model is pretty cool. It used to annoy me when I painted something nice and it didn't really have a battlefield role. Nowadays I don't care as much. Those Haqqislam are awesome. Great colour scheme. Is that your own or their standard colours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the model is amazing! With my recent reread of the books I painted a few models like her - scenario pieces or simply stuff for the cabinet.
      The Haqqislam are usually more of green and tan but since red seems to be one of my favourite colours I wanted to give it a try like this.

      Delete